No albums or photos uploaded yet.
- Marysee Prairie Preserve Cleanup Day (Marysee Prairie Preserve--see map for directions, from Jun 01, 2013 08:00 AM to Jun 01, 2013 04:00 PM)
- This is the only protected remnant of native prairie in the Big Thicket area. Volunteer efforts to maintain and restore the prairie are coordinated by members of the Big Thicket Association and Houston Sierra Club and supported by grants from Entergy Texas.
- NPS Program: Skins and Skulls-05/25/2013 (from May 25, 2013 02:00 PM to May 25, 2013 03:00 PM)
- “Skins and Skulls”, 2 pm. Have you ever felt an alligator’s teeth or a skunk’s fur? You can do these and more, safely, at our afternoon program featuring the skins and skulls of many Big Thicket animals. Meet at the Big Thicket National Preserve Visitor Center. Approximately 1 hour.
- NPS Program: Discovery Hike-05/25/2013 ( Sundew Trailhead, CR 1910, 0.5 mile south of FM 2827, about 7 miles north of the Big Thicket National Preserve Visitor Center., from May 25, 2013 09:30 AM to May 25, 2013 11:30 AM)
- “Discovery Hike”, 9:30 am. The fun of exploring the Big Thicket lies in discovery. Join a ranger to look for carnivorous plants, blooming wildflowers, animal signs, and more on this 1-mile hike. Meet at the Sundew Trailhead with water and good walking shoes. The trailhead is located on CR 1910, 0.5 mile south of FM 2827, about 7 miles north of the Big Thicket National Preserve Visitor Center.
- Big Thicket Mushroom Walk (Big Thicket Research Station, 16890 FM 770, Saratoga, TX 77585, from Jun 08, 2013 10:00 AM to Jun 08, 2013 02:00 PM)
- We will meet at 10 am at the Big Thicket National Preserve Field Research Station in Saratoga, TX. We will foray into the Lance Rosier Unit of the BTNP, collect and record species, and assisting with the All Taxa Biodiversity Inventory (ATBI) species list for the BTNP. After collecting, we will return to the FRS, have lunch, and discuss the morning's finds. Bring collecting gear, rain wear, water, bug spray, and a sack lunch.
- NPS Program: Armadillo Amble-5/31/2013 (Kirby Trailhead, from May 31, 2013 09:00 PM to May 31, 2013 10:00 PM)
- “Armadillo Amble”, 9 pm. Learn about nocturnal wildlife on this night hike. Look for scorpions and spiders and listen for bats, frogs, toads, and more on this 1.7-mile walk. Meet at the Kirby Trailhead with water, good walking shoes, and a flashlight or headlamp with a red lens. No light-up shoes.
- Join the Big Thicket Association! (N/A, from Sep 10, 2010 06:05 PM to Jan 10, 2015 06:05 PM)
- Have a voice in the Big Thicket and become a Big Thicket Association member! Follow the link to "Support BTA" and join by completing the on-line application or print the application and mail in with your dues.
- NPS Programs
- Big Thicket National Preserve Programs